Aluminum, Parabens, Triclosan, Propylene Glycol, Phthalates…The list of ingredients in modern antiperspirants reads like a who’s who list of chemicals that are suspected of causing any number of medical conditions from Alzheimer’s Disease to breast cancer. Fortunately, now more than at any other point in time, consumers have the option of choosing deodorants made from natural ingredients over those that use potentially harmful artificial components. The problem is that natural deodorants sometimes carry the stigma of not being as effective as deodorants that contain artificial chemicals. This belief is simply unfounded. Our aluminum free natural deodorant is as effective as any deodorant made from harmful chemicals. Plus, our deodorants are safe! Because of this, we believe that those of you who are on the fence about making the switch to natural deodorants should know the following things about natural deodorants vs. those made from artificial chemicals.
- Natural deodorants contain natural ingredients: As we have already stated, the ingredients in most deodorants contain ingredients that have been linked to a number of medical conditions. For example, triclosan has been labeled as a probable carcinogen.
- Natural deodorants don’t discolor clothing: The aluminum in most deodorants can cause clothing to yellow over time. Natural deodorants wash right out of clothing.
- Natural deodorants improve skin health: The heavy use of most commercial deodorants can irritate the skin. This is particularly true for people who have sensitive skin.
- Natural deodorants are cruelty free: The synthetic ingredients used in commercial deodorants are often tested on animals. The ingredients in natural deodorants typically are not.
- Natural deodorants detoxify your skin: Deodorants containing synthetic ingredients block your pores. This prevents toxins from leaving your body as they should when you sweat. Natural deodorants allow some perspiration to occur. This helps release toxins from your body.
- Natural deodorants contain essential oils: Essential oils – which are highly concentrated non-water soluble phytochemicals that are distilled from different parts of plants – have many benefits such as they improve immunity, are safe and soothe skin irritations.
Finally, we go on and on but we would prefer that people who are still on the fence about natural deodorants simply give them a try. We are convinced that our aluminum free natural deodorant will stand up to the synthetic deodorants that most people use. Our deodorants are just one of the many natural products we sell including our lactobacillus acidophilus pills. Make the switch and reduce your footprint in nature.